Wendi

Wendi

Friday, August 6, 2010

Your Story...

I just returned from an amazing adventure with God at the She Speaks conference in NC. I was not sure why I was there or what I was going to get out of it. You see everyone is looking for that "sweet spot", that is were your greatest joy crosses need of others. I am grateful to have found that in what I do. But, it hasn't always been easy. For years I suppressed my need for creativity and my love for fashion and makeup. I just felt it was all about vanity and surely could not be used by God. Boy was I wrong! He continues to give us the desires of our heart and he knew mine. After many years, depression, bad outfits, bad hair, and raising my boys (& husband!) I have grown into my sweet spot. In spite of all the pain and distress that beauty has caused us women, we still desire it!


I just finished a book called Captivating and was blown away by the truth about beauty that leaped from the pages. John and Staci Eldridge say in their book; "We desire to possess a beauty that is worth pursuing, worth fighting for, a beauty that is core to who we truly are. We want a beauty that can be seen; beauty that can be felt; beauty that affects others; a beauty all our own to unveil. As I still unpack all that God has taught me this past weekend I only know that whatever my story is I always want it to lead others to HIS story. So for now I am back to laundry, bickering boys, what to cook for dinner, and self doubt but each day adds another page to my story.

~Wendi
Psalm 139

3 comments:

  1. So beautifully communicated! Psalm 139 is one of my favorites and tells us that God created us both inside and out. Knowing that we are His, we can't dismiss the fact that all women are beautiful and he has orchestrated all of our days!
    Heather Frierson

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are in your "sweet spot" blessing everyone that knows you! Love you girl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working on that Sweet Spot myself. I'll have to look at that book:-)
    T

    ReplyDelete